Monday, April 27, 2009

Technology Overload

When talking about our generation's inability to slow down and our lack of attention span, I think it is a fair argument but you must remember that we are only responding to the changing society and culture. IF we slow down we felt left behind, that simple. Sure it would be nice to spend all day walking around asking questions and enjoying nature but it is an unattainable goal in this society because we always have to stay ahead and always have to be informed about technology in order to achieve greatness and succeed.

The one aspect of technology taking over our lives that bothers me is the constant presence of ear buds and iPods everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I love music more than anybody. My ultimate dream is to be a touring musician but I do feel that we block out the world and we block out chances to experience beauty when we spend all our in our own world. The very limited time I get to walk between classes is time I like to enjoy nature and relax because I realistically won't get that time anywhere else. We have to realize that staying with technology and widening our understanding is essential but we should also make it out own priority to expand our minds with other stimuli.

No comments:

Post a Comment